Thursday, September 11, 2008

Mental Health Break - the Mellowest Black Hole Sun.




That's all I can call this... Mental Health Break, fo'shizzle. And yes, I totally ripped off the term from Andrew Sullivan - sue me.

So... I was listening to The Hype Machine (Matt's official new "best Goddamn thing ever on the internet") today while banging my head against the desk... erm, I mean "while trying to figure out the new Expense Report system we implemented at work", when I heard this wonderfully surreal song.

Yes... you're not hallucinating. That's Soundgarden's "Black Hole Sun" performed by Paul Anka. Yeah, the guy that sang "Put Your Head On My Shoulder" and "Puppy Love". THAT Paul Anka.

About now, I bet you're wishing that you're on my "mix CD list", ain'tcha? Because you know this puppy's gonna make an appearance sooner rather than later.

Anyway, listen and enjoy.

(NOTE: There's an audio player imbedded in the web site - look for the triangular "play" button to the right of the song title - works on PC and Mac).

No comments: