Thursday, September 25, 2008

I'll be reading from Nights of Sin on Saturday

I just got offered an opportunity to read from Nights of Sin on Saturday the 27th at 2:00PM at ConText in Columbus.

(( Deep breath)).

I've never done a reading before. Ever. Can you tell I'm a mite nervous?

Just thinking about this brings up every time I've sat in a hotel room or convention room and listened to an author read aloud their work. I've listened to George R.R. Martin, Carl Sagan, Arthur C. Clarke, Mike Resnick and a slew of others, and now, at least in a very small way, it's my turn. This is one of those small, but significant things I always wanted to do with my life, and now I have the opportunity. Cheezy, I know, but for anyone that writes (or wants to write), I think you'll understand why I'm pumped.

So... what should I read? The opening chapter? Something else? If you've read the book and have a suggestion, email me or post a comment here and let me know. Please - no spoilers in your suggestion, if you'd be so kind.

See you at ConText this weekend I hope!

.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I wish I could hear your reading.. unfortunately I live in Seattle. I haven't been able to find a copy of Nights of Sin anywhere. But I've noticed that some e-book retailers have it and so I'll pick up a copy that way since I have a Sony Reader.

I also recommended Blood Magic to a friend today so she's on the hunt for it.