Tuesday, September 18, 2007

Gamer Dies Following 3-Day Online Binge

From the Time.com article:

Paramedics tried to revive him but failed and he was declared dead at the cafe, it said. The paper said that he may have died from exhaustion brought on by too many hours on the Internet.

The report did not say what the man, whose name was not given, was playing.


As the PC Editor over on MyGamer.com, I find this very disturbing... I can't tell you how many of my friends play massively-online games like World of Warcraft or City of Heroes, often long into the night. I've lost myself more than once for an entire evening in such games, playing until the rising sun surprised me. But, jeepers... three days? Was he wearing a catheter?

Of course, there might be a simpler explanation: maybe they still have Ryl servers running in China. Now there's a frightening thought...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

dear matt: i have ordered 4 copies of your book, blood magic. grandma betty has hers alredy, but your dad just told me you may be giving out signed copies as gifts, if so, please send any signed copies to us as well--looks like you're going to be famous! love, aunt pat

pfader@suffolk.lib.ny.us