Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Fatty fatty fat fat

I ran across this ad on a blog and I just had to stop and marvel:


Please GOD let this disgusting water buffalo lose 25 pounds and get her disgustingly rounded little tummy off my computer screen! As a father of a 16 year old daughter, this sort of marketing (which, let's face it, is everywhere), really freaks me out.

On more serious news - I've been wrapped up with the saga of my wrecked car all week, but despite this I'm still on target for a November completion of my manuscript first draft. Worst case would be that I deliver the first 95% to my editor in November (which should keep her plenty busy) and the last 5% in December.

Look for an interesting update to the car saga in the coming days, as well as my take on World Fantasy when I get back this weekend - I'm leaving for New York early tomorrow morning. Wish me luck on my pitches to the big NY houses for Rowantree!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Good luck with pitching Rowantree to the big NY publishing houses!

I've very eager to read the finished version, in its entirety.

-Constant Reader a.k.a. Jen

Unknown said...

Best of luck!!! I'm looking forward to it, too! I still have the version you sent me for edits, way back when. *g*