Monday, April 5, 2010

Mechanical Chimerias, Oh MY!!!

Lucy Snyder is a wonderful writer, excellent editor and a good (if distant) friend. When I began to first take writing seriously, I joined Writeshop, a Columbus-based writer's workshop. Lucy was one of the best reviewers there, and always provided unflinching critiques of my work, some which stung, others which... OK, all of them stung. I really did suck back then, and needed the help, and anyone who's been following this blog for a while doubtless knows how much I've benefited as a writer from their sage advice.

Lucy's moved on since our days in Writeshop, and has enjoyed wonderful success. Her recent book Chimeric Machines just won the 2009 Bram Stoker Award for Superior Achievement in Poetry, and her other books and novels have been published with gratifying regularity over the years. Here's a link to the book page, where you can order a special, signed edition:

http://www.creativeguypublishing.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=64&Itemid=71

My recommendation? Buy a copy now! Congrats on the book and on the award, Lucy - you've earned it!

..


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks, Matt! :)