Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Compubeaver!

I just discovered a wonderful web site called Instructables.com - it's basically a huge clearing-house for step-by-step DIY tutorials on everything from fixing a broken Xbox 360 to making concrete light bulbs (not sure why you'd want to, but they're so cool) all the way up to building a garage from the ground up or making cool book shelves.

This, my friends, is why the interwebs were... um, woven?

But wait... there's more!

Digging deeper, I found evem more amazing stuff. My favorites so far?

Check out this amazing Aliens Power Loader Halloween Costume (my inner geek was all a-swoon).


































And, easily the coolest and most disturbing things on the site: the Amazing Compubeaver (subtitled: "How To Case-Mod A beaver In 29 Easy Steps!". Yes, it's as bizarre as it sounds and yes, I must own one. WILL own one.





















WARNING: This site is an amazing resource as well as an amazing time sink - you have been warned.

Enjoy!!

..

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Ummm, I'm pretty easy going, but you WILL own a compubeaver?! Not in my house, young man! :)

Unknown said...

Ok, maybe, but you'll have to have your own special room for that one...

Anonymous said...

Welcome to the time sucker. Something tells me you would have a knack for making your own instructables.